Director of Dealer Development
Responsible for the Development and advancement of Dealer Network of Mobile Vocational Vehicles, OEM and aftermarket parts in assigned North American (United States and Canada) Market. Accountable for all activities related to the proper management of Dealer Network. Responsible for measuring and recommending the appropriate adjustments to dealer network.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Dealer Development, management, selection.
- Establish and maintain a Dealer incentive/excellence program.
- Identifies and prioritizes open points; analyzes output of market, calculates full market potential.
- Informs sales team of potential problems with dealership; makes recommendation for resolution, if appropriate; ensures that good cause process is followed for dealer terminations.
- Manages new dealer process; selects, requests approval, signs, and sets up new dealers.
- Actively manages prospecting process including quarterly prospect meeting.
- Works with the sales tram to identify and recommend potential dealers in targeted markets and open points in the respective markets to facilitate a straightforward dealer selection decision.
- Audit dealers for brand requirements and compliance. Ensures that dealer activities are compliant with organizational policies and programs
- Conducts new dealer set-up training and non-product training.
- Partner with dealers to execute a local marketing plans to drive traffic; execute digital media plan that supports dealership and is linked to the OEM
- Attend and support commercial events / Trade shows.
- Implement marketing campaigns; partner with dealers to execute organized demo process.
- Develops and localizes comprehensive sales plans and programs for dealers, regions, consistent with market demands and long-term profitability.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with dealers.
- Ensures dealer personnel and distributors/licensees are properly trained.
- Analyze dealer territories to identify industry density by geography and product category and provide periodic up-dates to ensure information is current.
- Create dealer business modeling to identify dealer infrastructure requirements (employee staffing, facilities, working capital, inventory, etc) and provide periodic up-date to ensure information is current.
- Monitor progress of dealer growth strategies to ensure on time and on target implementation. Trigger corrective action if progress falls behind target.
- Assist and coach dealers and field personnel (District Directors, Account Managers, Distribution Development Managers) on market analysis/potential and assist in developing plans to exploit opportunities and ensure growth in line with strategic growth objectives in North America.
- Strengthen distribution channel in North America by analyzing each assigned market and assisting sales teams in implementing distribution strategies that will ensure that the most capable dealer in each market is in place and performing to an agreed upon standard.
- Assist and train field personnel in the use of the Dealer Business Planning Tools.
- Drive Dealer Excellence Program reporting and progress vs. goals.
- Manage and report on a pipeline of new dealer prospects and M&A activities (prospecting, planning, meetings)
- Develop low performing key dealers into high performers
- Encourage activities that improve the bottom-line of the dealership through a variety of revenue generating programs
- Contributes to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the department or function