DOT Compliance Manager
This position provides accurate & concise governmental regulatory compliance and Company policy / procedural support to all Rental operational units, with focus on Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration / DOT regulation.
- Monitor Manage DOT and FMCSA compliance program components to maintain continual readiness for DOT compliance audit.
- Responsible for maintenance and administration of Driver Qualification files, medical files, and compliance files in a secure and confidential manner. Conduct periodic self-auditing of all DOT driver qualification files and records to ensure compliance
- DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing: Coordinates routine and post-accident drug and alcohol screening and annual MVR reviews.
- DOT Incidents Database: Tracks and maintains the DOT events (i. e. inspections, violations) database.
- Telematics: Create and maintain ongoing reports regarding Driving safety using the telematics information for all people driving company vehicles. Notify management immediately of gross unsafe behaviors as defined by leadership.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in DOT compliance in a vocational truck/equipment rental environment.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience administrating DOT driver qualification files.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience administrating hours of service using ELDs. Possesses strong hands-on understanding of DOT regulations, including but not limited to:
- Interstate and intrastate regulations
- Legal weights & hauling allowances
- Over-dimension permitting requirements
- Hours-of-service regulations and commercial vehicle maintenance / emissions regulations.
- Securing Loads
- Familiar with a variety of equipment and Vocational rental industry concepts, practices, and procedures
- Up to 25% overnight travel may be required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook and ability to conduct required internet-related research.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, set goals, and accomplish responsibilities with limited supervision
Location & Relocation
- This can be a remote position or relocated to Corp HQ.