Field Service Technician – Fluid Power – Oil & Gas
- Provide on-site support and perform repair services to customers and end users.
- Provide written trip reports, including repairs and expenses.
- Provide feedback to engineering regarding technical problems encountered by customers so the overall quality level and customer satisfaction can be improved.
- Interact with customer and end-users.
- Troubleshoot and repair entire line of products in the field.
- Travel inside the US and overseas as required. Travels extensively for job assignments, including offshore platform assignments, and may be on 24-hour call. Travel may be for extended periods depending on Job requirements.
- Work in a field environment with limited supervision.
- Complete detailed trip and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience with Heavy, Industrial or Oil & Gas equipment repairs, assembly or equivalent
- Valid US Passport with Ability to travel with little notice. Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%.
- Able to pass offshore medical examination and obtain certifications required to work on Domestic and International offshore oil & gas platforms
- Strong technical knowledge of Offshore product range and understanding of overall Offshore business
- Availability to be contacted outside normal business hours
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- High mechanical aptitude and can read engineered drawings. Experience and knowledge of hydraulics and electronics
- Knowledge of basic electronics and can read schematics.
- Knowledge of oil field drilling terminology and processes.Knowledge of and can read hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
Our client is a manufacturer of hydraulic pumps, valves, and systems for heavy duty applications. They also offers customers a wide range of related aftermarket services. With broad coverage to customers in industrial, oil and gas, and mobile equipment end markets. They have a tradition of bringing he advanced engineered solutions to its customers. They set the standard in industries requiring precise, high-performance hydraulic products, often operating in the harshest of environments.