Service Technician – Mobile Cranes
Our Client is a leading global (OEM) manufacturer of a broad range of Mobile Cranes. They are seeking to add a Field service Engineer to their team support their business growth.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides technical guidance and support to customers/dealers for service and crane issues.
- Visits customers/dealers for troubleshooting, tear downs, repairs, reassembly, test and maintenance.
- Performs inspections in accordance with standard industry practices, specifications, and factory guidelines.
- Provides operating and safety demonstrations to customers/dealers.
- Completes reports as required. Documentation includes service reports, warranty reports, timesheets, parts requests, and expense reports.
- Assists with Pre-delivery inspections (PDI) as necessary.
- Performs shop labor as needed to maintain an orderly, safe, and efficient work environment.
- Communicate and Interact with Company personnel on matters pertaining to service materials, product requirements, availability, and code compliance.
- Ensure that the service vehicle is properly maintained in good working condition and appearance.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Required Background / Experience / Education
- Minimum of 5 years of technical service & support related working experience preferably in the crane industry or heavy equipment industry.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic and hydraulic schematics.
- Associate degree (two-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent
- Possess strong analytical skills in the evaluation of reports of technical issues, research findings; and/or output of a system/process etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer and communication skills
- Microsoft Office suite including: Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint,
- Current Valid Driver’s License
- Willing and able to travel 50 – 75% overnight
- Spanish or German Language skills are a plus
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive Compensation Plus Overtime and Per diem for travel
- Company SUV/Truck Vehicle
- 401K With Company Matching
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term disability
- Short Term Disability